REQUIREMENTS & DETAILS
PAWS Therapy Dogs Program assessment evaluations for new volunteer teams are done several times a year. Prior to participating in any PAWS Therapy Dogs Program orientations, all dogs and handlers must meet all prerequisite requirements.
Teams must meet the following criteria:
- Handlers must be at least 18 years of age.
- All dogs must be at least one year old and owned by the handler for six months by the evaluation date.
- Handler and dog must complete all required steps in order to evaluate.
- All dogs must be spayed or neutered 1 month prior to training.
- Dog must be a pet and may not be a service dog, ESD, ESA or any form of support dog.
- All handlers must complete and pass a background investigation.
- Volunteers have one year to complete the remainder of the process after attending orientation.
- Dogs must not be shy, resentful or demonstrate any signs of aggression toward people or other dogs.
We reserve the right to excuse teams who do not meet program requirements and criteria or who are not a good fit for the program. Participation in orientation and paid membership does not guarantee certification and no refunds of material, membership or program fees will be made. All decisions of the evaluation team and Director are final.
For adequate preparation of program schedule, reservations are required and space is limited.
Please complete the form below to reserve your spot today.